Friday, September 30, 2011

Awareness For You & Me

It's October, Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Although this is the month that is designated for Breast Cancer Awareness, people we can not stop here!  We need to recognize and be aware of breast cancer and all other cancers at all times.  Did you know that men are not exempt from getting breast cancer?  Although it is not very common in men, but they can get it too.  Yes, breast cancer has become a widespread disease.  Aside from skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the United States.  About 1 in 8 women in the United States will develop invasive breast cancer in the course of her lifetime.  That's 12%!  We have got to do something to help cure this disease.

BREAST CANCER POEM

"You have breast cancer" -there is nothing like those words;
You stare in a state of shock and wonder if that was what you really heard.
So you start your treatments and realize that it's not just you;
You see, now your love ones are affected by this too.
When it's all over and you are blessed enough to be still standing and you want to support the cause;
So you contribute, joining races and walks against breast cancer and everyone seems to applause.
Now, enough of saying "you" because this story is about me;
When I participate in these races and walks each step I take is personal you see.
Because I am celebrating survivorship and how good it feels as I cross the finish line;
Also knowing in my heart that I've walked for those that can't so they are not left behind.
So hearing the words, "you have breast cancer" doesn't always mean it's the end;
Do what's needed for you, pray and trust in God, he'll be your biggest friend.
I know this firsthand because that's how I got through;
Today, I show support by contributing and walking not only for me, but for you too!

Help! Join Me In The Fight Against Breast Cancer





No comments:

Post a Comment