Monday, February 21, 2011

Give Me My Flowers While I Yet Live

I am sure that you all have heard the song, Give Me My Flowers While I Yet Live, So That I Can See The Beauty That They Bring.  Believe it or not, that song is so true.  Often times, people die and we spend a lot of time saying, "I could have, I should have, I would have" and end up feeling bad, guilty because we didn't and now the person is gone.  There is nothing that you can do.
 
Well, I just stopped by to tell you that if there are people in your life that you plan to do something for or say something to, etc....please Give Them Their Flowers.  This is the reason that it is so important to do things for people and say things to people while they are living.  We were not put on this Earth to live forever.  We are all going to go away from here at some point and time.  So please don't hold back.  If you want to take your parents on a vacation, do it!  If you want to tell someone that you love them or apologize to them for something you did, do it!  If someone has been on your mind and you intend to call them, start dialing!  Don't hold back, saving it for a rainy day because...guess what?  The rainy day may not come and it will be too late.  We never know when our time is going to come.  Please...don't fall prey to this and end up with a guilty conscience.  Be careful, watch how you treat people and Give Them Their Flowers while they are living because it will not matter how many flowers you have on display at the funeral or how many you put on the grave site.  They can't smell them and the flowers can't put a smile on their face or brighten up their day.  There is nothing that they can do with them while they are gone.  So I urge you to Give People Their Flowers now so that they can see the beauty that they bring, and maybe...just maybe your conscience will be clear of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment